Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review: Peete and Repeat by Karen Musser Nortman


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Karen Nortman

Release Date:
August 31, 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

A biking and camping trip to southeastern Minnesota turns into double trouble for Frannie Shoemaker and her friends as she deals with a canoeing mishap and a couple of bodies. Strange happenings in the campground, the nearby nature learning center, and an old power plant complicate the suspect pool and Frannie tries to stay out of it--really--but what can she do? After all, she is only curious, but sometimes it isn't just cats who have trouble with that!

My Review

Frannie is a wonderful amateur sleuth and can’t help getting herself involved in cracking the case of dead twin sisters. Her husband, Larry, is another great character. In fact, the entire secondary cast of characters are wonderfully portrayed.

There is so much going on in this story which makes for a very interesting mystery for readers to solve. There are dozens of twists and turns along the way.  I enjoy going on these camping trips with the Shoemakers and trying to figure out whodunit right along with them.

This is the third book in the Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries. I listened to book #2 and then this one. The author gives us a complete mystery in each book and she keeps you guessing. The series is a nice one to listen to. The narrator’s voice is smooth and keeps the story flowing.

I’ll definitely continue this series.




FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.