Thursday, August 11, 2016

Review: The Best Medicine by Tracy Brogan

Genre:
Women’s Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Brilliance Audio

Release Date:
May 2014








Synopsis from Goodreads:

Everyone in Bell Harbor thinks career-minded plastic surgeon Evelyn Rhoades needs a husband. Everyone, that is, except for Evelyn…sort of. Even if she did want a husband (which she doesn’t…most of the time), she’d never let something as intangible as fate determine who she marries. No, if she’s going to find someone to spend her life with, she’ll do it scientifically: with a carefully crafted list of criteria and an Internet dating site.

But when intoxicated, law-breaking Tyler Connelly crashes into her life by way of a stolen Jet Ski, unruly emotions defy common sense. Sure, he’s sexy, charming, and determined to win Evelyn’s affection, but all evidence points to him being the worst possible choice. He’s too young for her. Too irresponsible. Too underemployed. And, oh yeah, he’s her patient.

But Tyler knows firsthand how the best-laid plans can crumble under the weight of destiny. Now all he needs to do is to teach Evelyn that, in matters of the heart, love often supersedes logic.

My Review

This is the second book in the Bell Harbor series. It’s a good one and I actually liked it more than I liked the first book. I liked the main characters right away. It is a case of opposites attracting. Both characters are very likeable. Readers will enjoy reading Tyler and Evelyn's story. It’s funny, sweet and a joy to listen to on audio.

The narrator made it easy listening. I’ll definitely be listening and reading more of this author’s work. It’s a “feel good” type of story.




I borrowed this through Kindle Unlimited. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.