Thursday, December 31, 2015

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge 2016 - Sign Up


I started this one many years ago and 2015 was my last year to host it.  I'm so thankful Bea agreed to take it over for me.  I couldn't resist joining.  I still love series books even if I never seem to complete any. If you'd like to join, sign up at Bea's Book Nook.

The details:

All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc.)

It doesn't matter if you have 1 book or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Mercy Thompson book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

The qualification period is January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is now until December 1, 2016.

Take the button above and post about it on your blog. Use the link below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge, not to the home page of your blog.

If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us which series you are reading. Or you can join the Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.

Each month there will be a post where you can link up your reviews. Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the story was slow and confusing. It was disappointing."

Any format and length of book counts - print, audio, ebook, etc.

You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.

Choose a level below.

Level 1 (Novice series reader) - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 (Testing the waters) - Complete 2 -4 series.
Level 3 (Experienced) - Complete 3 - 6 series.
Level 4 (Expert series reader) - Complete 7 or more series.

I'm going to go with Level 2. I'll list my progress here and these are the series I want to complete...

These are three series I want to complete. Hopefully I can complete at least 2 of them...

Cat in the Stacks by Miranda James - 5 books behind

#3  File M For Murder
#4  Out of Circulation
#5  The Silence of the Library
#6  Arsenic and Old Books
#7  No Cats Allowed by Miranda James (Click here to read my review.)

Pizza Lovers by Chris Cavender - 5 books behind

#2  Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder
#3  A Pizza To Die For
#4  Rest In Pizza
#5  Killer Crust
#6  The Missing Dough
#7  Thin Crust Killers

Klepto Cat by Patricia Fry - 13 books behind

#3  Sleight of Paw by Patricia Fry (Click here to read my review.)
#4  Undercover Cat
#5  The Colony Cat Caper
#6  The Celebrity Cat Caper
#7  The Corral Cat Caper
#8  The Gallery Cat Caper
#9   Mansion of Meows
#10  PAWtners in Crime
#11  PAWsitively Sinister
#12  The Purrfect Lie
#13   A Picture-Purrect Christmas

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you're joining in and thanks for letting me take over the hosting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.