Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - March 10th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

Powerless Over Storms

My name is Lillian Dove. I am a recovering alcoholic, five years sober.

Five long years, yet the clink of ice in a glass still sets me on edge.

There is no graduation from alcoholism. Or life, for that matter. I am also addicted to Pepsi, chocolate, men, being afraid, being afraid of not being afraid, men - again -- and my independence, co-dependence and unsettling ability to fail no matter my attempt. There are other compulsions and bad habits, but I can't think of them right now. Memory loss, see? And I obsess on how much I forget, if I remember. Giving up alcohol turned out to be easier than changing some of my other behaviors.



Teaser...

At each dinner he'd ask if I'd like wine with my meal. "Of course," I'd say, letting my glass set without drinking it.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely convinced by this one but I'd definitely read a few more pages to learn more as I'm more than a little intrigued. Here is my First Chapter, First Paragraph for this week. https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/4158/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That intro actually made me LOL. I would keep reading. Thanks for joining us Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the sound of this one! Great cover, too; it's a unique looking book...and I want to know more....thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “WHAT REMAINS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this, too! I want to know more about the character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks interesting. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's quite a confession. I wonder if people meet for an addiction to Pepsi?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd need to see the blurb, I think, to decide about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting way to start a book, full of neuroses. Hah, I like how bluntly honest this character seems to be. Nice pick!

    Here are my Teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am interested to know what other behaviors she has to change. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would need to know more before picking up this book. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like I would like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wondering what her other behaviors are!

    Mine this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-ki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds funny and interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It reads so true. There's always more than one addiction. I'd read this one!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/10/teaser-tuesdays-105-mean-streak-by-sandra-brown/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! She has a lot of addictions. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too true, we're all addicted to something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the character's voice and how honest she seems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.