Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 23rd




I've been wanting to participate in this meme for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it until now. It looks like fun. So, I'm combining it with my Teaser Tuesdays post. This one is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. We share the first couple of paragraphs of the book we are reading.



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...






Bud slapped the photograph onto the table in front of me as though it were a gauntlet.

"This photo showed up in my email a few days ago.  From someone I...know.  What do you read in it, Cait?  He looked grim.

I held the photo at arm's length and squinted at the blurry image.  I could make out two women, both with dark, curly hair.  They were smiling.

I felt my multi-purpose right eyebrow shoot up as I asked, "Is just one of them dead, or both of them?"

13 comments:

  1. Yvonne....this sounds like a good cozy. Love the title and the intro sure draws me in.

    Thanks so much for joining us; I appreciate it - hope you join us next week as well ---enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if i would continue. I'm not too crazy about the title. I hope you enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing for sure. Hope you enjoy. Here is my TT http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/teaser-tuesday-july-23/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title. The teaser is great too. Please come see my teasers from Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin and The White Princess by Philippa Gregory. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love the cover of this book for a start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, now I'm definitely intrigued...and I love the book's title, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice way to combine these memes! I'd want to find out more....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious, but the cover and title have me leaning toward not continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say I've heard of this series or the author, but definitely an interesting teaser. Mine: Blue Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me LOL when I read it. I have read the first book and I am 15% into this book. I have really enjoyed this series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that's definitely a great teaser! It would keep me reading. And it's an interesting title as well. Hope you're enjoying it! :)

    My teaser :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.